Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Morning

Ollie actually offered to go to bed early the night before Easter, he was so excited that the easter bunny was going to come visit us. Unfortunately neither Jacob or myself had the energy that whole week to be prepared for the easter bunny and I ended up setting my alarm clock for an early morning visit to the grocery store in search of easter goodies. While at the store Jacob texted me to let me know the boy was awake and to be extra stealthy when coming home. Luckily I drove up and the curtains were still drawn as I tossed eggs around the yard, hid a chocolate bunny and one battery powered peter cottontail riding a carrot airplane. When I walked in the house I told Ollie that the easter bunny had just left and within seconds he jumped into his boots and coat. As we walked around the lawn looking for eggs Jacob and I had the biggest smiles on our faces, nobody really tells you how awesome these days are or maybe you just don't get it until you are in the thick of it. Times like these where you are creating memories with your family are incredible.





1 comment:

  1. You can feel his excitement in these photos! Love the last pic, you both look so proud (for different reasons!).

    ReplyDelete