Saturday, February 13, 2010

They're called Rainbows, Mommy

Today Jacob and Ollie went to the Pacific Northwest Sportsmen's Show with our friends James & Jamito. The main attraction for them was the Kid's Trout Pond where everything is provided for the kids to catch & release (or keep) a few trout. Ollie has been telling me all week that he is going to catch a fish for our dinner except this morning the story changed to him catching a little fish that we were going to keep in our aquarium instead.

When they got home after a long day of Sportsmen stuff he was a little chatterbox telling me how you catch a fish, how you get very wet and that we should call them rainbows. He ended up catching 2 nicely sized ones and given one from a little girl who decided she really didn't want it. The next step was to clean them which I was hesistant to let him see but it's amazing how kids just take the whole death of the fish they just caught and the blood & guts so matter of factly. And when they came off the grill after being cooked there was barely a second glance. Jacob ended up eating the fish as I have never really cared for fish even though my mother cooked fished quite a lot while I was growing up. I'm sure he would have loved to share these with Grandma.




No comments:

Post a Comment